Budget friendly holidays can create some of the most amazing memories! As the growing number of humans who prefer to spend their money on experiences, rather than things, are setting off on adventures, finding cheaper options are a must. Your Honolulu holiday doesn’t have to be expensive!
Here are a few tips and tricks to staying on budget, while still having the holiday of your dreams:
Where to Stay in Honolulu
There are plenty of amazing adventures to be had on Oahu and around Honolulu! However, finding the right place to lay your head after a long day of hiking, visiting museums, or water sports is a MUST.
Here are a few key factors to look for when booking your accommodation:
- Hotels: Yes, you can stay at a luxury hotel, or resort, for cheap! Depending upon whether you book with a coupon, the time of year you make your reservations, or even booking a package deal. There are lots of ways to stay in a first class hotel without having to pay a first class bill!
- Guest Stays: Using websites and apps like AirBnB, you can find homes, rooms, or apartments to stay in while you’re in Honolulu. You can find amazing places with low price tags, that allow you to travel on a budget.
- Hostels and Group Spots: A great way to save money is to find a group hotel, or a hostel. They are great for traveling in small groups as well as on your own, and they are also an amazing way to save money.
When you find a good deal, stay in a hostel, or even choose a great local residence to rent, there are ways to be in this gorgeous place cheaply!
How Should We Travel To Honolulu
There are options for cheap travel everywhere you look. Whether you’re interested in a ride share, or you’re looking for a cheap plane ticket, there are lots of companies to make your exploration less costly. Finding how you get to your destination is a huge part of budgeting out your holiday.
Using websites that offer deals on train, plane, and auto rentals are a huge help. JustFly is an example of being able to save money while booking a flight. You can also look at apps for cheap train tickets, or even deals that can help you find cool stuff to do on the island as well as save you money on your transportation.
Where To Eat In Honolulu
One of the most expensive aspects of a vacation is eating out at different restaurants for every meal. There are plenty of ways to save money on food in Hawaii. No need to load your brand new carry on with groceries for the trip!
Here are a few tips on saving money at restaurants:
- Early Bird Specials
- Breakfast at the Hotel
- Lunch from a local grocery
- Food trucks
- Local spots, away from heavy tourist traffic
- Coupons and online deals