Last Updated on February 27, 2014
You can easily spend a few weeks in Sharm el Sheikh and never run out of things to keep you entertained. The resort is one of the most vibrant places in Egypt, so here are 15 of the best things to do there, in no particular order:
1. St. Catherine’s Monastery – A trip here to the foot of Mount Sinai is an absolute must – it’s a truly extraordinary religious site as it’s the place where Moses is said to have received the 10 Commandments from God.
2. Coloured Canyon – Formed over millions of years, the walk through this canyon in Sinai takes about an hour. Afterwards, you can cool off in the Red Sea if you remember your swimming costume.
3. Aqua Park City – A huge water park with lots of fun water slides and pools.
4. Ras Mohammad National Park – This is one of the best diving sites in the whole of Egypt. The waters are crystal clear and you’ll be able to see an amazing variety of sea life including parrot fish, as well as colourful coral.
5. Beach Parties – Terrazzina beach is a great place to party, starting at sunset and long into the night. Top DJs regularly play here and there are often amazing fire shows.
6. Water Sports – Dare devils can try their hand at numerous water sports activities including parasailing, kite-surfing and jet skiing.
7. Beaches – All the beaches in Sharm are simply beautiful.
8. Camel Ride – There are various opportunities to ride a camel in Sharm and it’s worth doing at least once, even if it’s just so you can tell people that you’ve done it.
9. Glass Bottom Boat – An exciting excursion for anyone who wants to discover sea life without getting wet.
10. Turkish Bath – If you fancy a bit of pampering in the afternoon, you’ll love visiting a Turkish Bath here. Your skin will never have felt better.
11. Clubbing – Naama Bay is a great place to enjoy a night out and have a dance into the early hours of the morning with plenty of nightclubs and bars. Pacha is an experience that’s not to be missed!
12. Quad Biking – Speeding around the Sinai desert on a quad bike is a huge adrenaline rush. The best time to visit is either at sunrise or sunset as it’s a bit cooler then.
13. Old Town – Hanging out here is a great way to soak up the atmosphere of the vibrant Old Market and experience daily life in the country.
14. Stargazing at the Bedouin Desert – One of the highlights of a visit to Sharm is a trip to the desert for a spot of stargazing. The constellations are incredible here and perfect for some unique photos if you have a good camera.
15. Shopping in Dahab – Traditional Egyptian goods can be found here with everything from leather and jewellery to pictures and perfumes.